WHO WE HELP
Whether you are purchasing or selling a home, buying a commercial property for your business, investing in real estate or refinancing, we can help you. We provide simple, easy to understand advice and will guide you through the steps required to complete your purchase or your sale. Our lawyers will be available to answer your questions promptly and will meet with you to explain the closing documentation in every transaction.
WHAT WE DO
We have the knowledge to help you in several types of transactions:
- Downsizing – We understand the importance of getting the right help if you are downsizing. We have the experience to assist our clients with the unique challenges presented by transitioning into a new phase of life and we can advise you on real estate matters involving the planning of your estate and protection of your real estate assets.
- New Homes – The purchase of a home is the biggest investment the majority of people will have to make in the course of their lives. We realize the process of buying a new home can be overwhelming and we are prepared to guide you through all its phases starting from the review of your agreement of purchase and sale to the closing of your deal. Particularly, agreements of purchase and sale from builders are lengthier than a standard agreement and require attention, especially in understanding Tarion’s critical dates.
- Condominiums – We can provide legal representation in the purchase or the sale of a condominium property. If you are a purchaser, we will help you with the review of the status certificate and all related documents.
- Refinancing and debt consolidation— If you are refinancing your property to pay lower interest rates or looking to consolidate several debts, we have the experience to close these types of transactions and deal with lenders and judgment creditors.
- Private Mortgages—Private mortgages are a widespread financing tool in Ontario. We can help lenders and borrowers with the preparation of the necessary documentation and the registration of the deal, including RRSP and TFSA mortgages. We also act for clients in the enforcement of private mortgages working in conjunction with our Litigation Group.
- Commercial Real Estate—Agreements of purchase and sale for commercial properties present several challenges and unique issues. We will assist you in understanding and mitigating risk in every transaction.
- Commercial Leasing—If you are a landlord or a prospective tenant looking to rent office, retail or industrial space, we are available to prepare or review commercial lease agreements. We can also assist you with lease enforcement issues, lease amendments or surrenders.
Our goal is to provide you with a smooth customer experience and give you the advice you need to navigate your transaction.
Lawyers practicing in this area: